CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day 13... Test day

I know, I know.. but I just haven't had the time or energy to update the blog, especially when not much new has happened.

Today was the driving test. Pre-Trip, pump down (aka "air brake tests"), four-point inspection, trailer integrity verification ("terror check", newly implemented), drive around, and 45-degree alley dock.

It really went well. I took a right turn a little too wide and my mirror scans weren't quite quick enough, but everything else was fine. I'm pissed that I had to take a pull up on my backing test. I had the perfect angle to get the hole-in-one, but then I overcorrected and ran out of room to fix it. Damn. Oh well. One pull up isn't bad.

Everyone in the class passed except one who failed backing. He gets to try it again tomorrow.

We have one more obstacle: the written test. Piece of cake. After that, we discover our fates and where we will be going for further training. All that I know now is that we're checking out of the hotel tomorrow morning.

Time to pack.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rodger!