CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 02, 2006

Days 8, 9, and 10...

Wow, I've been slacking on this blog lately. It's been busy around here, and I've been fighting this evil head cold that our class seems to be passing back and forth to each other.

Anyway, Saturday was slow maneuvers and backing practice, which was great fun. The second half was Haz Mat class, which was not fun. Sunday was excruciatingly dull. Permits, Qualcomm, and Map Reading. Map Reading was by far the most interesting. As a kind of techno geek, I thought that the Qualcomms would be fun and entertaining, but no. They're terribly, terribly dull. By far the least fun day thus far.

Today we were back in the trucks. Since my instructor ditched me in order to accomodate the huge class that's in Week 1 now, I've been shunted to another instructor. And there are three of us on that truck. Which meant an 0600 to 1900 day. The first guy drove us out to Huntington Beach. I drove us to San Diego. The last guy drove us back home. We each got roughly 4 hours of wheel time. I even got to drive through my first weigh station. Joy.

And now, it's back to homework. Whee. And Jill, if you're reading this, I love you!

0 comments: