CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 02, 2007

You want me to drive WHERE?!

Prime wasn't able to get another truck to take my load before I took off yesterday, so I just started driving as hard and fast as I could to gobble up some of those high-paying miles on the load, planning to stop at Glade Spring, Virginia. Late in the day after I passed Knoxville, Tennessee, I received a message on the Qualcomm: "Can you make it to Hagerstown, MD"? WTF? As in, 300 miles past my planned stopping point? Do remember, I started out near New Orleans.

Umm... I don't think so. Almost 1100 miles in one day is way too much, and I don't have millions of dollars to spend on any negligence suits that may crop up if I were to crash and take someone with me. Needless to say, they found me a swap. And the driver I swapped with brought me a gift: a two stop load to Delaware and Vermont that pay $1.91/mile to the truck. And the first drop (Delaware) doesn't drop until 6/4! That means I really don't have to start driving until the afternoon!

Now to get a PM busted out...

0 comments: