CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting fingered in Slowhio... (coarse language!)

The following is a letter to an asshole:

To A Gentleman in a Grey Pickup Truck Who Passed Me Near Cincinnati This Morning:

I was in the passing lane doing 63 (in a big rig, that's speeding in Ohio!) going around traffic that was moving just a little bit slower so it took a little while. Should have been pretty easy to understand. After I overtook the vehicles, I moved over to the right lane and watched traffic pass me. You were second in line, and you flipped me off as you drove past.

There really is no delicate way to put this, so I'll be blunt: WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE?? If you're pissed off because I was holding you up by only going 63 even though my truck will certainly exceed that speed, might I remind you that your beef is with your idiot Ohio lawmakers who mandated that the speed limit for trucks be set at 10mph below the rest of the traffic. That is, 55mph when everyone else gets to go 65mph. I was doing 63mph, which was pushing it. Given Slowhio's reputation for harassing truckers, I wasn't going to risk a speeding ticket just for your convenience. I was also not about to sit behind traffic moving slower than me.

In addition to this, was that two or three minutes really that important to you? Were you that late to be somewhere? If that was the case, I have no sympathy for you. I did not cause you to leave home without ample time to get to your destination. If you were running late, the fault lies entirely with you. So again, don't pin your idiocy on me.

I'm a professional driver, and I do my best to be a courteous driver. You could certainly help out my cause by being a little more patient and willing to share the road. Instead, you chose to be an asshole. For that, I pity your parents. Fuck you.

Love,

Rodger

2 comments:

harley said...

Hey....there are assholes no matter where you go. It's even worse when you ride a MC, the assholes actually aim for you.

been following your posts in pumpkin land....lots of good info...still a wannabe..but getting closer to the real thing...

be safe...

harley

T-Net said...

Must be the same asshole that flipped me off while I was driving through southern Arizona, or maybe it was new Mexico. Anyway, I was topped out at 67 and I think the speed limit was 75. But hey, I had a chance to pass someone and was going to take it even though it took me a while. I was about 1 mph faster than this Knight truck and he wouldn't take it off cruise for a few to let me pass so I just stayed there till I got around him. Some guy, also in a grey truck, flipped me off. I just blew a kiss at him. LOL!! Really wanted to flip him off but figured it wasn't a good idea in an orange truck with numbers that are trackable. So I refrained.... There are assholes everywhere, unfortunately. I just smile, blow them a kiss, then flip the off down by the gear shift. They can't see it, but it makes me feel better. :)