CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Posting Again!

Yeah, yeah. Once again, I've become lazy and haven't kept this thing up to date. Still going strong with Prime.

Started out in York, NE this morning and got a "check engine" light and the engine started running crappy in the middle of Omaha. Nice. Got it to the TA in Council Bluffs and found that my fuel filter is clogged and I'm getting EGR codes from the engine. The fuel filter got changed, and now the engine is running better. I'll have the EGR fixed later when I have time.

This fiasco put me about 2 hours behind, so I rolled up to my consignee in Valparaiso, IN about 1.5 hours late (had the appointment changed, so no service fail!). Was a long and rough day, and I'm done. Should get a load home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Drive safe!

Anonymous said...

Dear Rodger,

Your blog is a pleasure to read. I've read all of your postings. It is interesting, informative and entertaining. Since you are approaching your one-year anniversary of attending truck driving school, I'd like to hear your "hindsight" thoughts and an overview of your experience so far. What you learned? What you would change?
How are you and your wife handling your time away?
Have you been able to keep yourself fit and healthy?
My husband and I are considering Schneider training and team driving. We are 49/44. We are doing our homework and feel the job fits our lifestyle.
How is the driving split? Is it possible to be off the road together for a couple of hours each day?
Any wise words?

Best wishes.