CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Rookie Mistake...

Last week I had an opportunity to be pissed off at myself.  I did something incredibly stupid.  Unbelievably stupid. 

I decided to heed the Qualcomm's routing advice and take I895 through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel.  Not really a problem except that only trucks 96" or less in width are allowed there.  My truck measures 102".  Somehow, some way, I missed the sign announcing the width restriction and I just don't miss signs and get pissed off at people who do.

So, the Maryland Transport Authority police were kind enough to pull me aside AFTER getting my $8 EZPass toll deduction.  The officer scolded me a little bit and proceeded to give me a level 3 (paperwork) DOT inspection.  Nothing else being wrong, I left with a only a warning.

Seriously, I can't believe I did something that damned stupid.  Ugh.

1 comments:

Terry said...

Been There, Done That! My flatbed is a 96", but with my after market tarp assembly (Conestoga), I measure in at 101"... After 30 minutes of arguing amongst themselves, DOT finally decided I was indeed legal to pass through...I have not been back!!

I did however spend 10 hours with them on a separate offense! and not the one you would imagine... They are quite lovely fellows when you get to know them. Heck, they even bought me lunch :)