CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 09, 2007

I thought that this was supposed to be spring...?

We took last night off because our shipper wasn't open until 0800. So I wake up and cast my eyes over northern Pennsylvania and am stunned to see how brown, cold, and.. well.. wintry it looks. After picking up the load and getting it scaled, I proceed west on I80. And hit snow. On and off all the way to the Seville OC. WTF?? Why won't winter just die this year?!

In the meantime, we got our next load assignment. A high-value expedited load in which we do FedEx Ground's job for them and deliver a trailer full of packages from one terminal to another. Problem is, it's an 0700 pickup. Uh, we're not going to make it until about 0900. I send in the appropriate macro on the Qualcomm saying 1000, just to be safe. 45 minutes later, the Qualcomm beeps. Imagine that! We've been removed from the load. No worries, though. It was short, and we'd done that exact run before. We'd like to finally get a 1000+ mile load, but 900 is the most they've given us thus far, and it's really wearing us down because we can't get into a rhythm with all these stupid short lengths of haul.

Now it's time to go to sleep and let my codriver deal with Chicago. I got us out of Pennsylvania, and that was PLENTY.

0 comments: