CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day 6...

I know that I didn't post yesterday, but I was TIRED. Still am. This has definitely been an exhausting adventure.

Yesterday and today were split between driving the truck and lab/simulator time. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of driving the thing and my turns are getting MUCH better. Backing is also coming along now that I'm starting to get the idea of where the trailer goes when I turn the wheel.

We lost another student in our class today- don't know why. That brings the total body count up to five. Two never showed up, one got drunk the first day and was dismissed with a hangover. We lost one yesterday to a bad back and now this one. There's only 13 left in the class now.

I'm learning that I don't like the simulators too well. There is no perspective and the controls just don't feel right. Yes, it does give you a rough idea as to how things go, but the actual truck feels much, much different and is easier to see what the hell you're doing in.

Time to hit the sack again. I'm hurting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your blog how did the guy or gal hurt there back at driving school

Dr. Zebra said...

The guy didn't hurt his back at the school. It was a previous injury that was aggravated by the physical demands of truck driving. Apparently, he'd broken or fractured his back several years ago, and all the bending, climbing, twisting, and lifting brought all the pain back.

Thanks for reading!