CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 18, 2006

Last day at the old job!

FINALLY! Leaving my old job at the call center was an emotional experience for me. That is to say, I was thrilled to finally get out of there at the end of the day. I will miss some of the people there, but it wasn't worth sticking around for them.

Now, my employer wasn't a horrible employer - they just have the problems that make any call center a crappy place to work. And in the particular line of business that my employer was in, dealing with crying customers was especially infuriating due to the frivolous nature of the business. The product is a luxury, and customers cry and scream about it as if it were a necessity. Damn that got old. And it also got old that the people who were in charge of providing the product couldn't be forced to take deadlines seriously. It's crap from both ends.

Anyway, that's behind me now. Now I have to get ready for the fun stuff. Here is the packing list that Schneider provided to me:

  • 7 days of comfortable clothing (no shorts and nonessential jewelry)
  • Soft-sided luggage (what? whadaya mean I can't fit my largest plastic suitcase into the sidebox of a truck?)
  • Sunglasses
  • Flashlight (a Maglite can double as a weapon! heh heh heh!)
  • A watch
  • Pen, pencils, calculator, ruler, highlighter, 3-ring binder, book bag
  • CDL permit
  • Identity/employment eligibility documents
  • Birth certificate
  • Voided check for direct deposit
  • DOT medical card
  • Toiletries
  • Bedding (for the truck)
I still need the flashlight and the sunglasses. I'm going to get a cheap flashlight to start with, and try to score a pair of sunglasses that fit over my prescription glasses. I'm told that the simulator experience sucks without sunglasses to help with the vertigo.

0 comments: