CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Have Greyhound tickets, will travel...

I dutifully called up my Schneider recruiter today and was rewarded with my bus travel information. My bus leaves Fort Collins, Colorado at 1605 on Thursday, and I transfer in Denver to another bus that leaves at 1810. I will arrive at San Bernardino, California at 1440 Pacific time on Friday.

Oh boy!! I get to spend most of my 30th birthday on a $%^#ing bus! Just as I've always wanted!! Ah well. It's really not that big of a deal. I'll probably get a minor bout of depression, but I'll get over it. I really don't dwell on that crap too long. I'd go nuts.

The fact that I'm leaving for 3 to 6 weeks the day after tomorrow hit my wife like a ton of bricks tonight. It's kind of strange because I've never left her home alone for any real length of time. She's gone on lots of trips without me, but I've never been the one doing the leaving. That struck me as really weird, too, because I'm actually a far more experienced traveller than she is.

Anyway, she got a little teary. The thought of leaving her alone to run the household breaks my heart. It's not that she's not capable. It's just that I feel bad leaving everything on HER like that. I'm thankful that she has many wonderful friends here in this town that will help her out. She's much more prone to loneliness than I am, and having those friends will really help make this more tolerable for her. That and daily phone calls and stuff from me.

So... not much to do right now except pack and cherish the time left with the wife before I have to head out!

0 comments: