CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Couple of Good Days

Monday and Tuesday were good days.

On Monday, I made my delivery in Milton, PA and just as I was getting back onto I80 to head back to the Petro, a TriState straight truck passed me that looked suspiciously like some photos I've seen on Pumpkindriver.com.  I made a phone call, and sure enough, it was Wolfeman, who I'd been hoping to meet for a while now.  Had a good breakfast and good conversation with him.

Tuesday was even better.  I got a load assignment that delivers in Fredericksburg, VA this morning.  Greg, a friend of mine from high school lives in Ruther Glen, about 20 miles south.  Haven't seen him since around New Year's 1995.  Even better, he invited ANOTHER friend of ours (Scott) so I got to chill with TWO relics of my high school days for an evening of pasta, beer, attempts at trombone playing, and other old fuddy-duddy debauchery.  Lots of reminiscing, and Scott brought along some artifacts from Frankfurt American High School that he swiped when the school closed in 1995. 

The shame of it all was that I left my camera in the truck.  We had almost half of the 1993-1994 Frankfurt American High School advanced band trombone section reunited (missing Jason, Alaine, Raymond, Doug, and Joe) and I couldn't even get a picture.  Oh well.  A good time was still had by all.

And who says truck drivers don't get good benefits?

0 comments: