CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Pennsylvania Trap or Dr. Zebra is a Produce Bitch

Something about Pennsylvania this week.  I can't stay out of here.  In fact, this weekend, I can't GET out of here.

pa1

Just a couple of pictures of splattered bugs set against the backdrop of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

pa2

So after delivering the HazMat goop in Winchester, VA, I pull some dead chickens overnight to Vineland, NJ.  Thinking I was clever and positioning myself better to get to my next load, I drove out to Carney's Point and awaited my next dispatch.  "Get Thine Ass Back To Vineland," sez the Qualcomm.

It's a load of produce bound for Bedford, PA and Washington Court House, OH.  Made those deliveries and got ANOTHER produce load from Springfield, OH to Pottsville, PA and delivered it this morning.  That load paid $2.48/mile.  Great!

The problem is that this IS Pennsylvania, and it IS Saturday.  Nobody ships on the weekends in the northeast, and even more so since Prime is in negotiations with shippers working on getting better rates.

Got my next load assignment, and it appears that I wont' be leaving the state for a while yet.  Joy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Better you than me, my friend! I absolutely hell hate Pa. If you get stuck in that produce delivering hell there, it takes an act of Congress to get you out. Im glad to see this blog has actually had some posts on it since I last was here. I spend WAY too much time on Primedrivers.net and not NEAR enough time reading the blogs. Gonna try to devote equal time to both now...spread the love.

Oh yeah, get certified to train in the next few weeks so you can take me out for my last 20K..LOL.