CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 06, 2007

On the road... FINALLY!!!

My load FINALLY arrived at the terminal at about 1000. No worries, still plenty of time to deliver on time. I grab the trailer, get my tanks topped off, and then run across the handy scale at Prime's terminal. 35000+ on the drives. Crap. Ok, so I decide to slide the tandems forward. Except that the trailer brakes don't hold and the just roll. Crap. And my air conditioner quits blowing cold air. And smoke is coming out from under my hood. I open the hood to find that the air conditioner compressor has seized up and is in the process of melting the belt. CRAP!

So I drag everything over to maintenance. Of course the shop doesn't have time to deal with my air conditioner, so I just have the trailer fixed and got it legal. I drive down the road to a TA and they get my truck right in. The replace the compressor and belt and it's still not blowing cold. Needs a new air dryer and expansion valve. They don't have the parts and have to go to Springfield and get them. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!

My truck is FINALLY done at 2000. Man this was expensive in terms of time. Doesn't cost me a penny, though, because I've got a 60-day bumper to bumper warranty on this thing which Success Leasing extends to everyone who leases a used ride. Now I just have to get my VORAD fixed (headway is having problems, and the people at the TA looked at me like I had antlers when I mentioned "VORAD").

Redid my trip plan, and I'm gonna be LATE. Late enough to miss the pay period cutoff on Tuesday. Sheesh. Great way to get started, huh? Oh well. It just means that next week's settlement will be that much larger, and missing a week isn't going to starve me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Doc, like anything new best to get the bugs out early. May that be the worst day you ever have in your new adventure.

Anonymous said...

What a frustrating start. Great you have a full warranty for 60 days though. I'm sure things will get better. Buckeye45.