CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

*sniff* Farewell, load!

Here I sit at a tiny truckstop in rural Mississippi on my 10 hour break waiting for another driver to come by to repower my load. See, I can't legally deliver this load on time anymore. I pulled into our terminal in Springfield to get fuel, the trailer nazis found some stuff that they wanted to fix on the trailer and wouldn't let me leave until it was done. Only took four hours. Two hours ahead became two hours behind, and my fleet manager was unable to reschedule with the customer. So, the options are to repower the load with someone who has the hours to do it or let me be late, get worked in, and probably be late for the last two drops as well.

No worries, though. We're still early in the pay period, so there's plenty of time to make money.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rodger. I'm currently a Schneider driver that will be leasing with Prime in June. I found your blog through pumpkindriver and am really enjoying it. One thing I noticed you have yet to mention is the expected pay when you get your load assignments. I understand this information can be a bit too personal but it would be very interesting to know since Prime pays 72% of the load rather than mileage pay.