CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sleeping in!

A rare treat today. I got to sleep in! My next load isn't scheduled to be picked up until 1600 EDT so I didn't set my alarm and just woke up whenever. When I did get up, I called over and they told me that the load would be ready in an hour. I pull up a little over an hour later and they're still not done. No worries, I still have plenty of time.

Not all loads have "plenty of time", though. I had to bust my ass to deliver my load last night, and I was still 2.5 hours late. You can thank the orange barrel crews in Ohio and Pennsylvania for that one. I mean, no sooner does the snow melt than they start shutting down half of the traveled parts of the highways. I'd probably be a little more forgiving if the freshly paved portions in Pennsylvania didn't feel like I40 through Oklahoma City. (BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!) Granted, I should have taken a little more time in planning the trip and noticing the lack of time immediately, but I'll live and learn. The consignee got revenge by making me back into their most difficult door, so I did my penance. Only one pull up, too. I'm not sure if I could do that again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodger, Yes I was thinking about leasing on somewhere. I might do the company driver thing to get abck used to it all, but not sure i want to stay one long. We were having rumors of layoffs, and I came very close to going to Schnieder up in Dallas. They approved me, but it wasnt the right time. Thanks again for your stories. Looking forward to more.
Don

Anonymous said...

I dont drive but my father inlaw did I enjoy reading the blogs yours and others as it gives me an idea of how you guys run and how you treated by the shippers and receivers. If any one desersve respect it you guys.