CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wasted Day

I delivered my load of cooking oil in Cheyenne, WY, this morning and immediately got a new dispatch. Woohoo! It's a little longer than I wanted because I was hoping to get a quick one done before Tuesday to fatten up this paycheck, but that's ok. Next one will be all the more fatter.

Anyway, I get to the shipper and find out that they haven't yet killed enough cows to fill my trailer. So I wait. I finally get called in at 1700 (A whole 2.25 hours before I HAVE to shut down). They tell me which trailer it is and where to find it. I hop into my truck, search the lot twice, and go back to the guard shack and tell them that it ain't there. After some confusion, they get someone to finally drag it out for me. I hook up, pretrip it (there's a hole in the side that road assist told me to get fixed at a TA, Bosselman's, or Petro as soon as I can. it's not penetrating the insulation or leaking cold air, so it's ok for a day or so). I also take pictures at road assist's request so that they can bill the shipper for the repair. I haul the trailer over to the exit, wait for the guard to finally decide to check me out, and he discovers that the seal number is incorrect. ARRRRGH! (No, I couldn't check it because they don't give us the bills of lading until we're checked out) An hour later, someone FINALLY comes out and fixes it. Great. I have just enough time to scale and shut down.

They can't all be good days, I guess.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still gotta be better than the days of draggin those dang pumpkin a trailers around right?